The Hospital Authority met on November 14 and is working hard to set an agreement with Wellmont to have the former Lee Regional purchased by Lee County.
There are five conditions in the option agreement with Wellmont that need to be agreed on.
1) each party needed to obtain the relevant regulatory approval
2) the Authority needed to develop a "reasonable financial and clinical feasibility studies" for the operation of the hospital and share those with Wellmont
3) The Wellmont Board of Director, must approve the transfer adn the purchase price
4) the cost could not exceed the fair market value established
5) the Authority must be granted a Certificate of Public need.
There has not been an approval at this time , but the Authority is ready to proceed in effort to have the building owned by Lee County.