Five members of a 15-member methamphetamine distribution ring in southwest Virginia were sentenced in federal court in Abingdon on Tuesday.
U.S. Attorney John Fishwick said three women and two men were sentenced as part of an organization that was initially investigated by the Lee County Sheriff's Office. The investigation led to undercover buys and information that the drugs were coming from Kentucky.
Among those receiving sentences on Tuesday:
- Billy Ray Marlow, 43, Middlesboro, KY – 18 years
- Jeremy Reden, 38, Tazewell, VA – 15 years
- Robert Holman, 35, Winder, GA – 8 years
- Kaelea Meagan Thomas, 27, Middlesboro, KY – 3 years
- Rebeca Metcalf, 32, Middlesboro, KY – 2 years
Other members of the group are scheduled to be sentenced later this week, Fishwick said.